Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Transformation Project Reflection

Transformation of my original photo.


1. For my concept behind the portrait transformation, I wanted a picture of a forest and a picture of me as a focus to show the concept of nature. By adding a photo of myself and a picture of a rainforest in the background, it shows that I admire nature and that it is an important theme to me.

3. If there was one word to describe my project, I would say it is "ok" but bad at the same time because it is the first time I made changes and combined two photos to create one single image by blending both original image into one transformation picture. I feel kind of accomplished by what I have done, however, I think I could have done more work and made my transformation image look better instead of a image that looks pretty sloppy and simple.

5. Step by Step instruction on a Photoshop process (Layer Mask).
1) I clicked on a layer
2) I then clicked on the camera looking thing on the bottom right corner
3) On the layer mask I use the color black on the brush tool (black) to color the background of the current layer to include the background from a different layer.
4) I used the eraser to make some edits because the eraser reveals the images of the current layer. I erased any overlaps that my background has on my original image so they look blended in together.

















































4 comments:

  1. I really like your project! You said it was just "ok," but I think you did a great job in combining the rainforest behind you and your floor. Also, how did you make yourself transparent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you blended yourself into the background, I think you did a great job. Your pose is model status.. However, you could have payed attention to some detail like the little shelf on the side and your outfit. The outfit. You should have worn a safari shirt or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh~ :D It looks like you camouflaged yourself! I think a mixture of the nature and your room is perfect. Surprisingly, it fits so well. It would be nice if you do a pose instead of just standing there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blended yourself well with the background! The final picture is good but I think it can be better if you removed the shelf. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete