Monday, March 21, 2016

Stance Blog Reflection

My Final Design

My First Design




















1. I believe that my poster is quite clear because it is quite simple and the font shows which position I support (Do not vote for Donald Trump). My composition is the color of the Mexican flag with a wall to show that all Trump wants is deportation and segregation, which will make America not diverse.

2. In my first version, the composition was quite bad and everything was all over the place. Not only that I focused on way too much topics rather than just one important topic that stands out for Trump. However, for my final design I do feel quite accomplished because I made my composition much more simple rather than being all over the place. I was able to communicate clearly on one important topic than focusing on multiple topics.

3. In my first version it was just random colors with a graph to show that the economy is going to be bad if Trump was president. But on my final poster, I sort of changed the background to the theme of Mexican deportation and segregation. It makes it much more understandable that my first version.

4. Based on the rubric I think my concept is the strongest part. This is because the poster clearly shows which person I am focusing on and the background of the poster reveals which topic or issue Trump is causing if he was the president. So overall, my concept clearly reveals my stance on this issue. Moreover I am trying to convince others using this concept to influence people to not vote for Trump.

5. At first I thought I know my topic clearly, but as I started the project, I realized that I had no idea what composition I should do. I just plugged in some random background to make it look interesting and I added some words to show the conflict. But later I realized that my conflict was very blurry and very weak because it does not really show the main idea and what I was actually going against. But as the project progresses I got help and I finally understand that I had to focus on a single important concept rather than supporting multiple ideas at the same time.

6. Some technical issues that I had was forgetting the images that I used for illustrator. I would forget to save the images so it would be blank and I would get frustrated because I have to find the image all over again. Moreover, I had problems creating another blank page on the same file because I was very unfamiliar with illustrator.














7 comments:

  1. I like your posters concept, however, I think the overall message could be a little more clear. I do like that the wall is behind Trump and that you wrote (un)great. I also like that you got Trump wearing an "I love Mexican Shirt." This shows Trump's hypocrisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your posters concept, however, I think the overall message could be a little more clear. I do like that the wall is behind Trump and that you wrote (un)great. I also like that you got Trump wearing an "I love Mexican Shirt." This shows Trump's hypocrisy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poster concept as well. It really shows your stance really well. I like the emphasized text that you put on the poster. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your poster concept as well. It really shows your stance really well. I like the emphasized text that you put on the poster. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your poster stance and I think the overall design is great. I like how you used the Mexican flag colors in your background and the white in the middle was not a full background but on a shirt. However, the font colors could have stood out more because it was a bit confusing to read with the background being a similar color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how you included all the things he has said but did it in a way that did not over power the image. I get that the stance is to not vote for trump because he would make american ungreat.
    i like the shirt because it shows that trump is not a man to be trusted i like how you choose to make the mexican flag as the background to show the attack he is doing on the mexican community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you clearly showed your stance on Donald Trump. I also like how the Mexican flag is in the background and the white part of the flag are bricks, which symbolizes the wall that he wants to create in the middle of Mexico and the United States.

    ReplyDelete